This course by Warees Halal Limited (WHL) is designed to provide foundational knowledge for individuals who are interested in Muslim dietary needs and / or for Halal-related businesses. At the end of the course, learners will improve their understanding in Halal food and beverages based on the standards and religious rulings by the Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (Muis), also known as the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore.
- List Halal requirements for Halal food and beverages
- Identify the religious rulings and rationale behind the Halal requirements
- Evaluate menus / ingredient listing and identify potential Halal issues
The course is designed for:
- Individuals, including consumers and Halal industry players, who would like to increase their knowledge on Muslim dietary requirements and guidelines for the handling and processing of Halal food / beverages
- Businesses that are keen to apply for Halal certification and venture into the Halal market
To receive a Certification of Completion, you will need to achieve a 75% passing grade for the assessment at Session 10. You are allowed unlimited attempts.
WHL is providing this course to the best of its ability, knowledge and experience. We strive to present the information in a simple to understand format. We are not responsible for the outcome of application for any Halal certification.
No person shall copy, modify, alter, sell, transfer, rent, license, publish distribute or disseminate any content in this course. All copyright and other rights in the content of this course belong to WHL, and nothing herein confers on any person any right or interest in the content.
Version Control Record:
V1 (01 Jan 2019): First release